Review: The Waking Land

The Waking Land The Waking Land by Callie Bates
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This was one of those books that has you rooting for the team and not the players/characters. I found the world building very engaging with the fables and legends a strong foundation.

While the world building was it's true strength everything else felt lacking. I never cared for any of the characters are their building relationships. They all felt just like pawn pieces moving across the board. and never fleshed out for me to care about them one way or another. I hope the author re-visits this world someday as I am curious about some characters that didn't get enough screen
time .

ARCL Netgalley

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Girl Against the Universe

Review: Gardenia

Review: A Gathering of Ravens