Review: These Vicious Masks

These Vicious Masks These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


It took me a bit to get over the last heartbreaking pages. Thankfully, there is no cliffhanger( your will emotions appreciate it) as your thrown into a fascinating world that you could only read in the comics with a historical twist.
When Evelyn sister Rose disappears, she leaves everything behind to search for her, with the help of Mr.Kent and the odd Sebastian Braddock with his fantastic tales of super-humans, and to top it off claims the sisters also have special gifts also. Everlyn dismisses this as crazy, only to be shown it's all true.
I adored Everlyn, with her humor and snarkness, she had a spine of steel and wouldn't give up in the face of alot of heartbreak, she's still fighting. Although I loved Everlyn, I didn't care for the supposed "love triangle" something that's a big turn off for me, but there again, this was more of adventure book, so even the romance was pretty thin of the ground.
I loved every bit of the book, with it's chase scenes, balls and people with amazing powers, I look forward to more from this series.

ARC courtesy of Netgalley

View all my reviews

Comments

SDCB Steph said…
I have this one coming up for review. I can't wait to find out what that end is all about. I am glad that you liked it so well.

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Girl Against the Universe