The Anatomist's Wife (Lady Darby, #1) by Anna Lee Huber

The Anatomist's Wife (Lady Darby, #1)The Anatomist's Wife by Anna Lee Huber

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I found myself completely immersed within this story- that I was surprised when I reached the end. I was stuck between being at awed and disappointed that it was over! (Lucky for for I still had two books to look forward)

While dealing with subject matters, Anna Lee Huber kept the reader going with a strong mystery that prompt you to continue even when at times the story did tend to slow. You along with Lady Darby and Gage pick up small clues that may lead to one thing or another.

Lady Kiera Darby was a character that I felt deeply for. Stuck in a sort of limbo after the death of her husband who was to put it lightly was a major asshat and put her through hell. Thrown into this case breaks her out of her hiding and self-imposed cage along with her growing relationship with Sebastian Gage an inquiry agent- who confuses and infuriates her.

Gage started off an an enigma and ended as one, with only bits and pieces given. I'm very curious about him and how he'll developed through the series.

I quickly picked up the second book of this series and don't mind the lack of sleep this series will no doubt bring me!





View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Girl Against the Universe

Review: Gardenia

Review: A Gathering of Ravens