Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

Nevermore (Nevermore, #1)Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

My rating: 4 of 5 stars






I'll be honest- I'm not a big fan of Poe's works, while I've read my share of what he's done, his stories have given me nightmares and while I laugh myself sick watching zombies movies I was pretty leery reading this book( take that as you will)



Nevermore surprised me at every turn, Kelly Creagh turned something old into something new, but the best of all was the blooming romance between our main leads Isobel & Varen.



It did start off as something that's been done before with the cheerleader falling for the outsider/goth. But that's where it ends. Isobel starts to stand on her own feet when she sees her so called friends are nothing more then punks, when she starts to step out from her group. I really great to adore Isobel and how she became a strong character.

NOW Varen- Varen I love you! He proved don't judge a book by it's cover. And while he's thoughts were on the very dark side. By then Varen has already stole your heart away, with his actions, his mere insight to things and people. Varen quickly became one of my all time favorite heroes.



I must mention Gwen, the friend to Isobel and Varen, who stole the show when she was on the scene. She speaks before she thinks, but she's solid gold and couldn't wait to read what she be up to next.





Creagh does write some very spooky scenes and characters like the Nocs that gives you the shivers.She did a great job of intertwine Poe's works throughout the story, which didn't really confused me, but it maybe worth it to brush up on their Poe to anyone wanting to pick this book up.



I enjoyed the pace of the story, the only trouble I did have was at the start and toward the finish with the confusing dream scape world Isobel and Varen fall in. I had to re-read some parts to figure out what was going on at all times, but the quickly passes.



I was very surprised and anger at the ending with the action of one character Reynolds and the cliff-hanger that had me in almost in tears and but it still gave the reader and me alot of hope for the sequel and more VAREN!









And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting

On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;

And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming.

And the lamplight o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor

Shall be lifted---nevermore!

















View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Girl Against the Universe

Review: Gardenia

Review: Bad Housekeeping: An Agnes and Effie Mystery